- That I will make sure to get up way before my husband to ensure I get a shower before he leaves for work
- That I will get back to a healthy weight after the baby is born (note: this is sadly distinctly different to ‘My pre-pregnancy weight’)
- That I will cleanse, tone and moisturise morning and evening (as I don’t manage that now, it seems a little ambitious)
- That I will eat a balanced and healthy diet and ensure the rest of my family do the same (see notes on last point)
- That I’ll be less chaotic and neurotic about many many things and focus on the baby (latter part stands a chance)
Yesterday morning we had a short but interesting lying-in-bed chat that probably revealed more about my state of mind than any other conversation in our comparatively short but happy happy happy relationship. I told him some of the things that bother me about myself, and some of my perceptions. His eyes widened slightly (in surprise, not fear. I think.)
“But why would you think that?” he asked, full of curiosity,
No, I’m not. But I’m certainly very lucky.