If you’re free on the 31st of March, the next #foodbloggerslunch will be taking place at….
Ben’s Canteen. It’s at 140 St John’s Hill, SW11 1SL, apparently a short stroll from Clapham Junction, Northcote Road and Wandsworth Town.
Arrive: 12:30 – 1:00pm
Seated for 1:00pm sharp
Cost: £25 per head (bargain!) Please bring the correct money in cash on the day, to make my life easier.
- send an email to gail dot haslam [at] gmail [dot] com, with the subject header “I’ll be at Ben’s Canteen, from [Your Name]!”. (please put your real name inside those square brackets or this could get very confusing….)
- In the email, please tell me how many places you’d like and the names of everyone in your party.
Over half of the places have already gone to people on my mailing list*, and if you’re in, you’ll get an email by Monday letting you know.
Dave has put together an absolutely cracking menu, which is below.
:: Menu ::
– Pork Crackling Popcorn
– Pickled Root Vegetables with Pickled Quails Eggs
Starters – your choice of…
– Black pudding, truffled poached eggs and foie gras hollandaise
– Wandle poached cod cheeks, mushrooms, crispy ham hock
– Beetroot tarte tatin, horseradish & herb yoghurt, fennel pollen
– Duck liver parfait, with damson jelly and plum crisps
– Cauliflower veloute with truffle foam
Mains – your choice of…
– Venison, thyme fondant, black pudding and walnut crumble, beetroot puree, pickled mushrooms and damson & chocolate sauce
– BC Burger, topped with homemade corned beef & smoked cheddar, secret burger sauce and chips
– Oven roasted Brill, glazed chicken wing, braised chicory, brown butter shrimp mash and confit lemon
– Marmite nut roast, sauted jerusalem artichokes, braised fennel, pea puree and cep gravy
– Mojito Sorbet
Desserts – your choice of…
– Poached rhubarb, honeycomb crumble and beer shandy icecream
– Strawberry tart and basil sorbet
– Beer gums, toffee apple lollipop, marshmallows and candyfloss cordial.
*if you’d like to be on the mailing list, visit the ‘Your Name’s Down’ page on the blog and fill in your details there